What's new

Help - Cannon Printer wont connect to Router.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

-------------------------------

I have ran a Program called Advanced IP Scanner. It shows My Router, Network Adapter, Ipad, Cannon Printer the IP's and MAC Address.

When i Ping the Printer from the Program i get: Request Timed Out, Packets Sent = 4 Received = 0 Lost = 4 100% Loss.
Try temporarily shutting off Windows Firewall and try the ping again. If it works, I'll bet the add printer will work now.

-------------------------------

I have ran a Program called Advanced IP Scanner. It shows My Router, Network Adapter, Ipad, Cannon Printer the IP's and MAC Address.

When i Ping the Printer from the Program i get: Request Timed Out, Packets Sent = 4 Received = 0 Lost = 4 100% Loss.

Nope same Ping result as before even with Windows and Commodo shut down for a bit.

Commodo? Uninstall that fully. Disabling it via the interface rarely works as it should.

It still won't work and says Printer is Offline.

The printer ought to have a WiFi indicator. What is the status of the indicator? I am sure rpinter runs on -N mode on 2.4GHz. The WiFi indicator should be on solid, no blinking or off. When driver was installed, there is some set up to do. Did you finish it? If you go to control panel and try to see connected printer or add a printer what happens?

The printer ought to have a WiFi indicator. What is the status of the indicator? I am sure rpinter runs on -N mode on 2.4GHz. The WiFi indicator should be on solid, no blinking or off. When driver was installed, there is some set up to do. Did you finish it? If you go to control panel and try to see connected printer or add a printer what happens?

The Printer is there in Devices Printers labled Cannon MG66O Series Printer (Copy 1) and and the setup says it has found the Access Point and the Wifi Indecator is solid. If i try and print though it says The Printer is Offline.

Are you sure your network type is set to 'Home' and not 'Public'? Win 10 likes to reset the network type during it's install.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!