What's new

Help - Guest network/No Intranet w/Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bcropper

New Around Here
Hey all,

I'm a brand new convert from DD-WRT to ASUS Merlin, and it's great so far! I've been banging my head against something all weekend long trying to get it to work with no luck, however. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I'm hoping to have a guest network setup that has Internet access, but cannot access the rest of the Intranet. The default Merlin UI provides for such a config. However, I realized that there were two things that it did not provide me that I wanted as well:

1. I want to be able to port-forward to a computer on the guest network.
2. (Nice-to-have) I would like to be able to SSH from the LAN (non-guest) into a computer on the guest network.

I've done a fair bit of study thanks to several great posts, this one in particular:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11364

But I cannot crack the proper iptables configuration to deny access from the guest network, and enable port forwarding to guest.

I'm at a loss as to the proper iptables/ebtables commands to achieve this. Would anyone be able to help me out?

Many thanks...

Anybody?

*bump*

Anyone have any idea as to how to achieve this via iptables/ebtables configuration?

Thanks for any help!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!