What's new

Help Plz, Setting up a home network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

playfair1965

New Around Here
Hi all :D
Equipment list: :Intended use

Cisco Model DPC3825 (router/modem): : This is connected to my IPS and I want it to be the Wireless Base. It has WDS functions. I will have a desktop computer lan conected to it which is a print server.

Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band
Gigabit Router WNDR3700: :I would like this to the wireless repeater. I need this to be wireless as lan wired is impossiable without drilling though walls and pissing off my landlord 9-). I will also be connectin to this a PS3, two Iomega 2TB Media server HDD's. Also I will ce connectinf ovef Wifi 3 laptops and 2 iPads.

Ive spent the better of 3 days looking at the manuel and searching the net for some info. I cant seem to find some diffative step by step help. Please if someone knows how I can do this plz help me out.

I hope I gave enough hardware info for this to be solved.

Thxz. Playfair (aka) darren

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!