What's new

How to Enable Hardware Acceleration /RT-AX86U Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marcd5123

Regular Contributor
Hiya Guys question please....☺️☝️

I've got the RT-AX86U Pro and with CakeQos setup and working very nicely indeed 👌.

To my understanding obviously CakeQos disables "Hardware Acceleration" as it does not use hardware acceleration.

I also understand that Asus "AdaptiveQos uses Hardware Acceleration when enabled .

I have read that for the RT-AX86U Pro enabling hardware acceleration is under

Under LAN then Switch Control then it gives you
NAT Acceleration & Enable Jumbo Frame

I've seen that in some screenshots online ...

So do I take it these particular settings/options will only appear if I switch off CakeQos 🤔👀..

Many thanks.

Hiya Guys question please....☺️☝️

I've got the RT-AX86U Pro and with CakeQos setup and working very nicely indeed 👌.

To my understanding obviously CakeQos disables "Hardware Acceleration" as it does not use hardware acceleration.

I also understand that Asus "AdaptiveQos uses Hardware Acceleration when enabled .

I have read that for the RT-AX86U Pro enabling hardware acceleration is under

Under LAN then Switch Control then it gives you
NAT Acceleration & Enable Jumbo Frame

I've seen that in some screenshots online ...

So do I take it these particular settings/options will only appear if I switch off CakeQos 🤔👀..

Many thanks.
CakeQOS will automatically disable these features once CAKE is selected and router reboots. You can see it disabled under the Tools/HW acceleration section located at bottom. If you switch to Adaptive QoS it will automatically enabled Runner & FC and again you can see under Tools/HW acceleration as enabled for both. Example below:

I'm using FlexQoS (addon script that improves stock AdaptiveQoS) with custom iptables so FC is disabled only. ... with CAKE enabled is turns off both Runner/FC automatically as it's a requirement for traffic to flow correctly.

Last edited:
Not using CakeQoS or any form of QoS. Those options are not available:

Switch Control.jpg