What's new

HUB 2AC + Asus DSL-N55U as main router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kruszkush

New Around Here
Hello everyone

I have a problem with connecting my new router. The thing is that I want to keep using HUB as a modem and use Asus as a router which has bigger signal range. Unfortunately I have no idea how to make that. I can even pay if someone will fix that problem!

My router: Asus DSL-N55U
Using: Virgin Media

I got two cables with router (excluding power cable):

large

Things for phone line I guess

And router

large

And I have no ide how, what cable, when do anything. I tried once and did following steps:

192.168.0.1 -> login into router -> change to modem mode ->

Plugged Asus cable into E-WAN port and into (see image below) place where you can see yellow cable (but used cable from box, not that yellow one).

large

And then actually I was able to connect to Asus router, I mean I could see it in my Wifi list, so I did it but for some time nothing worked. Then I could see website where I could change many things (router settings), but whenever I tried to check internet, I had such information:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5...199CD94FD9F2/image-size/large?v=mpbl-1&px=999

So I have no idea what to do. HUB is connected by fibre cable (white one on upper picture).

So what do I need to do? Is that even possible to make it with this router and fibre? Help me please, I will donate 10 pounds if someone help me sort it out.

No images are showing in your post.

The Asus DSL-N55U is a "residential gateway", aka combined Modem/Router/AP... not the same as a Router/AP such as the RT-AC68U

It's likely not going to do what you want - so time to perhaps pick up a standard Router/AP, and go from there...