What's new

Import long ovpn file

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

disconnectome

New Around Here
It seems that when importing an .ovpn file through the UI, there is a limit on its length.
I put in it all routes that I need, and use route-nopull.
If config more when 4k+ symbols it will be cutted. Anyway to bypass it?
Screenshot with example:
Untitled.png

I use 3004.388.7_1-gnuton0_alpha1_t on ax-5400

I don't know if the limit is so much a function of the import itself, as much as a limit of nvram where the custom configuration must be stored. Really depends on a lot on your router and how much flash is available for these purposes.

Regardless, can't you just separate the routes from the config file and manually add them to the custom config field? (you may still end up requiring more nvram space than is available).

The custom field nvram has a limit of 4096 bytes. You will need to implement your routes manually through a custom config file instead.

Yes, already solved it.
Created separated ovpn file in /jffs/configs and added it with "config" in main ovpn file.
Thanks
Untitled.png

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!