What's new

Issue with GT-AXE11000 firmware not saving. /data partition mounting in read-only.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ahh well it went back into ro only mode for some reason on one restart then when trying to fix that on one of the reboots it completely formatted the jffs partition. Great.

now I am starting to worry about my AXE1100 , it works well with 388.8 so think that is the last update for a while . just looked at the cost of replacing it $746.00 Canadian, $ no thanks will not spend that on a 2 year old router . Hope it lasts as it has worked well the last 2 years .
Will be following to see if the problem is resolved or it is just faulty hardware .
Yeah it has only dropped like 10$ US since I bought it a year or more ago. Anything that supports 6e is still expensive as hell despite 7 now being on our doorstep.

Ahh well it went back into ro only mode for some reason on one restart then when trying to fix that on one of the reboots it completely formatted the jffs partition. Great.

Did you try the script to check the NAND health? What is the result?
Does tfpd work with the device in recovery mode?

Hi everyone! Im a stock asuswrt enjoyer, but we have a common problem that i could somewhat resolve. I found out that if i swap the MXIC NAND flash on any bricked Asus router (done it on AXE7800, on couple of XD4s, on couple AX92Us and now on XT8s) and i flash the original NAND content back, it can somewhat resolve the problem. Somewhat means that i can copy 1:1 every bit from the original NAND, including the bad block flags. This is causing issues, because even the new flash chips what im using are containing bad blocks(from the factory), but as soon as i copying the old one bit by bit, the real bad block on the new NAND will not be flagged, and also good blocks are marked as bad and not used.
fb command on the stock asuswrt just gives the already flagged blocks.
If there is no command for that, even the stock wrt are able to run code from a host, is that right? If it is, than who could help to do that?
So, my big question would be: Is there any command to force to recheck bad blocks on the NAND?

There must be a way (from the asuswrt source)
Code:
/* Check if the block is good or bad. If bad returns 1, if good returns 0 */
static int nand_is_blk_bad(PCFE_NAND_CHIP pchip, unsigned short blockNum)
{
#ifdef CONFIG_BRCM_IKOS
    /* spare area not supported in sim/emu environment */
    return 0; // good block
#else
#if defined(CFG_RAMAPP)
    unsigned char *spare;
#else
    /* CFE ROM does not have real heap. KMALLOC simply use mem_heapstart memory.
     * as caller of this function already use mem_heapstart, we can't use heap again
     * must switch to stack. KFREE is a nop for CFE ROM */
    unsigned char spare[SPARE_MAX_SIZE];

Also, in the NAND dump where it contains the strings for the commands i found this:
Code:
Now think carefully.  Do you really,
really want to mark block 0x%x bad?       Marking block 0x%x bad
wrong number of arguments, need to provide block start and optionally block end to erase
Forceably Erase FLASH block? (which includes clearing the bad block marker)