What's new

iTunes and UPnP media server [RT-AC3100] not functioning after firmware upgrade to version 386.14

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgarrigan

Occasional Visitor
It functioned before the upgrade. I only used the UPnP media server [DLNA].

I confirmed that the data is accessible.

I do not see active daemon processes.

I did see the processes for a few seconds after I set "Rebuild entire database at start" to "Yes". I could also see the "rm" command for the required deletion. I reverted the setting to "No".

I removed the settings, saved, entered the configuration, and saved the configuration.

The log file did not have new entries.

I deleted the old log file.

I have restarted the unit.

It is not the end of the world for me, but it was a good inexpensive media server.

You may want to read through the 386.14 firmware discussion in the Asus-Merlin subforum to see if anyone has a similar issue (if you haven't done so already). May also want to post your issue in that firmware discussion topic where it might be more attention since it occurred when you upgraded to that firmware.

I will do so.
If you do post your issue in the other topic you may want to lock this one to avoid multiple threads on your topic. Also use the forum search feature as well if you haven't done so already. Seems more and more people are having issues with the iTunes, Time Machine in recent firmwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!