What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Addon 5.5 Beta for Netgear R7800/R8900/R9000 with Voxel FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for your intentions, but I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the problems with that. There is a donate button on my site. Tell me how much I should transfer to @kamoj from your donation. I will try to do it with the help of @vladlenas .
View attachment 59396

Thank you,

Voxel.
Good reminder, I tend to have just the firmware page for R7800 and @kamoj 's add-on links file and changelog bookmarked, and so hardly ever go to the root homepage, so thank you for tha. Donation sent, sorry it can;t be more (poor student, he he)!
Alex

Hi Voxel & Kamoj

@Voxel – your firmware is brilliant and really makes a difference. I have been using it and testing it for a long time – occasional problems, some of which I have reported and some peculiar[JE1] to my own system. All have been resolved with your help, other members postings and much experimentation

@kamoj – your addon is the icing on Voxel’s cake plus much more. It makes it so much easier to configure the system – especially the VPN options. Without it I could not get my setup to work as well as it does. I have been testing it for a long time and have posted problems, which have been solved with your help and your FAQs. Those FAQs have also been of great help when serios problems hit and a complete wipe and reset was needed (more than once) and not without some trepidation.

It would be a shame and a big disappointment for one forum member’s actions to spoil it for the many beta testers that use your addon. It is a testament to the quality of the work you and Voxel do that most testers do not have to post problems and issues of general application – they are so few and far between. Please continue to provide the occasional update to keep it working as well as any new additional features that are suggested, although I cannot think of anything extra that is needed but maybe you or others can.

To both @Voxel & @kamoj

I have learnt a lot from both your work, FAQs and other forum members and am able to do some basic changes and keep my systems functioning more or less smoothly and most of the time without too much effort. So many thanks for your efforts which are very very much appreciated.

Panner

[JE1]

I don't really understand it at all, enough indifference to the developers of this firmware. I'm not talking about me now. I have a special situation at all.

Many of you use add-on @kamoj and are happy with its work. Why don't most of you support @kamoj with donations, likes and thanks?

@kamoj already thinks that nobody needs his add-on. What? Are you ready? Well, support the person who helps you for free...

Voxel.
I already knew about your donation link. Thank you for that. I just don't know how to send Kamoj something.
I don't want to write to him either, because he is rightly a bit annoyed about my slip-up with the link.
Or are you willing to give him a certain amount? Let's say 50/50!?
And I want to emphasize again how much I respect your work.
I know that this often happens under difficult conditions.
I work a lot with routers and networks. So far only with AsusWrt Merlin, pfsense and Opnsense.
The Voxels firmware with Kamoj Adon is new to me.
Best wishes and have a nice weekend
Kesato

I don't really understand it at all, enough indifference to the developers of this firmware. I'm not talking about me now. I have a special situation at all.

Many of you use add-on @kamoj and are happy with its work. Why don't most of you support @kamoj with donations, likes and thanks?

@kamoj already thinks that nobody needs his add-on. What? Are you ready? Well, support the person who helps you for free...

Voxel.
I've sent you a small donation. Unfortunately, I can't do more at the moment because I had a gearbox problem on the van.
Maybe again next month.
Greetings and have a nice weekend
Kesato

I reached out to @kamoj and @vladlenas (who helps run PayPal). @kamoj is not interested in donations at all (better give more true real likes to him) and we decided not to mess with that extra hassle.

I can't manage PayPal myself for a number of reasons, and I don't have the time to do it. I don't even have the time to help all the firmware users, most of whom don't even put likes (I'm not even talking about donations). Sorry. So far for the year donations are enough to pay for hosting and domain name, but not enough to buy say a new router.

Voxel.

I reached out to @kamoj and @vladlenas (who helps run PayPal). @kamoj is not interested in donations at all (better give more true real likes to him) and we decided not to mess with that extra hassle.

I can't manage PayPal myself for a number of reasons, and I don't have the time to do it. I don't even have the time to help all the firmware users, most of whom don't even put likes (I'm not even talking about donations). Sorry. So far for the year donations are enough to pay for hosting and domain name, but not enough to buy say a new router.

Voxel.
By the way, you're welcome with the donation. A quick thank you would have been enough for me. Oh well, whatever...

Hi Kamoj, have an issue where the script fails to download the add-on, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jamike

Attachments

• kamojg.png
    kamojg.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 33
Hi Kamoj, have an issue where the script fails to download the add-on, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jamike

Is it still possible to download Kamoj? All the links to version 5 are broken and it seems that Kamoj is no longer accepting bata testers for version 5.5. I am trying to get wireguard setup and would be happy to beta test!

You can forget about that. Nothing is happening anymore. I even donated money and I don't even get a reply to my inquiries. Not even a quick thank you, which I think is appropriate, from either Voxel or Kamoj!
You rarely see such arrogance. I'll give you a tip. Sell the Netgear like I did and get a decent Asus router and install AsusWrt Merlin. It's very easy and doesn't cause any problems. For example the Asus RT-AX86U. It also has WIFI 6 and you can get it used for around €100.
Or a GL.inet router that runs on OpenWrt.
Works very well. You don't get very far with this beta stuff for Netgear! There are always bugs and the performance is poor!

Not even a quick thank you, which I think is appropriate, from either Voxel or Kamoj!
I sent you [Like] for donating, which here means "Thanks a lot". Sorry if that's not enough for you.

Just appreciate that I don't live here in the forum 24/7, and there is simply no way and time for me or @kamoj to reply and help everyone and thank everyone personally. The [Like] button means "thank you so much" just personally to the person who posted. And a [Like] can be sent from a smartphone that doesn't provide enough functionality on a regular post.

P.S.

You only have 7 posts in this forum and on them you got 11 likes mostly from me or @kamoj. Is that not enough for you?

Voxel.

Last edited:
Unfortunately but this looks like the end of the R7800 project. Many thanks for the great contributions of Voxel and Kamoj. Too bad Kamoj never finished the add-on, it was just a beta project. I just switched to an Asus GT-AX6000 I am starting the Asuswrt-Merlin adventure. Greetings to all.

The addon beta is not available for download in the area hosted by @Voxel/@vladlenas.
Not sure if it will be available as a non-beta, but for now it's not available.

It's a strange situation with "many" users that has not reported any issues with it,
but unfortunately not many happy/success reports either.

Then there are some people who just complain even without saying what's wrong,
angry - instead of disappointed - that I no longer support what I gave away for free for years.

If these people(?) were polite and gave feedback instead of complaining, things would be different.
Since there is almost no feedback about the addon function/stability/performance there is no need to
update or maintain the addon.

For the time being I want to express my gratitude to the users that have helped develop the addon,
and given constructive feed back, and helped the society.
I could not have done it without your support. Thank you all helpers!
Please keep on helping/supporting each others!

The addon will probably live on for some time, adapting to @Voxel firmware changes,
and fixing annoying issues.
It may be a non-beta release at some time. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Hi Kamoj

As a long time beta tester I am grateful for the work you have put in and your help when there have been issues.
The latest version I have is 5.5b41 on both my R9000 & R7800 (in AP mode). Whilst it is working well at the moment the time may come when changes to the OS (either in netgears core or Voxel's firmware) start to cause problems. Hopefully if that happens you will reconsider releasing a further major update to your loyal beta testers
Until then many thanks for what you have achieved and shared. It really is very much appreciated
Best wishes for the future

Panner

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 2024-07-16 5.5b43
---------------------------------------------------------------
- Settings: Corrected "Disable Router GUI timeout". (kamoj.sh) (@anonymous)
Was not working for R8900/R9000.
- General: Added "--fail" to curl commands for better error detection. (kamoj.sh)
- AdGuard Home: Don't download release version if already installed. (addon_adguard.sh) (@jberry)
- AdGuard Home: Logging improved. (addon_adguard.sh) (@jberry)
- AdGuard Home: Updated default configuration file to match v0.107.52 (AdGuardHome.yaml)
- VPN: Improved logging. (kamoj_vpn.sh)
- OpenVPN: Try to get previously used User ID/PW when creating new configuration. (kamoj_vpn.sh)

Hello, Voxel and Kamoj. My X10 router has come to life thanks to your firmware and addon, which I have been enjoying using. On Friday, I will make a little but meaningful donation to express my gratitude. I sincerely hope you will find it in your heart to carry on with your charity work.

Without your advice, I'm not sure how individuals with no programming experience like me will be able to have a router with privacy and features in this day and age of disposable tech created by IT companies.

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 2024-07-16 5.5b43
---------------------------------------------------------------
- Settings: Corrected "Disable Router GUI timeout". (kamoj.sh) (@anonymous)
Was not working for R8900/R9000.
- General: Added "--fail" to curl commands for better error detection. (kamoj.sh)
- AdGuard Home: Don't download release version if already installed. (addon_adguard.sh) (@jberry)
- AdGuard Home: Logging improved. (addon_adguard.sh) (@jberry)
- AdGuard Home: Updated default configuration file to match v0.107.52 (AdGuardHome.yaml)
- VPN: Improved logging. (kamoj_vpn.sh)
- OpenVPN: Try to get previously used User ID/PW when creating new configuration. (kamoj_vpn.sh)
Working perfectly with no issues. Many thanks

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online