What's new

latest firmware AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

did you try with only PC to modem LAN-port ethernet connection?
Set fix IP to your PC LAN port (192.168.50.10) and start restauration tool as admin, search firmware you want to load but dont start searching for router, now press reset button on router >10s and start search on PC.

did you try with only PC to modem LAN-port ethernet connection?
Set fix IP to your PC LAN port (192.168.50.10) and start restauration tool as admin, search firmware you want to load but dont start searching for router, now press reset button on router >10s and start search on PC.

Hello Grisu, I am unable to access the admin interface at all, even if I try to access the router directly from my pc to the router with a CAT 5 cable nothing.

Thanks again for the quick response!

did you install firmware recovery/restoration tool from asus?
Use it, no need to access router GUI.

did you install firmware recovery/restoration tool from asus?
Use it, no need to access router GUI.
Thanks Grisu, yes I did get the recovery tool from ASUS and put router into recovery mode but the recovery tool program could not find the router that was waiting to be discovered in recovery mode. The recovery tool program kept saying could not detect router in recovery mode please put in recovery mode. It was very frustrating when the recovery tool from the manufacturer can't locate the router they make!!

Thanks for your help

power LED must blinking slowly then router is in recovery mode done well.
did you connect to LAN (not WAN)?
started program as admin?
dont search for router before in recovery mode
try plug in cable just before search, other time when router is off.
Turn off WiFi on PC.

Had troubles too, but (cant remember what I changed) than it worked all the time.

power LED must blinking slowly then router is in recovery mode done well.
did you connect to LAN (not WAN)?
started program as admin?
dont search for router before in recovery mode
try plug in cable just before search, other time when router is off.
Turn off WiFi on PC.

Had troubles too, but (cant remember what I changed) than it worked all the time.
Thanks Grisu, I think you just solved it I will try that when I get home from work tonight still have an hour before I head home for the night. And I believe that I use the wan connection with wifi still on my pc, I will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes!!

Thanks Grisu, I think you just solved it I will try that when I get home from work tonight still have an hour before I head home for the night. And I believe that I use the wan connection with wifi still on my pc, I will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes!!
Hello Grisu, just wanted to let you know I did what you said and it worked and my router is back to normal. Thanks again for your patience and instruction.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!