What's new

Linksys WRT610 and WDLive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

K01V4L

New Around Here
I have just bought a WDLive box for media streaming purposes. Not to get too into the details of how WDLive setup works, but I can connect to my home Win7 network but cannot connect via the 'Network Shares' option of WDLive, which is necessary for some of the functionality of that device.

I am wondering if anyone knows if this could possibly have to do with my router, firmware, or configuration?

I know, why don't I ask on the WDLive forum? I have but no good answer there. I am very impressed with the level of expertise on this forum, seems a couple notches above, so was interested in seeing if anyone here happened to be familiar with WDLive and networking.

Last edited:
I have just bought a WDLive box for media streaming purposes. Not to get too into the details of how WDLive setup works, but I can connect to my home Win7 network but cannot connect via the 'Network Shares' option of WDLive, which is necessary for some of the functionality of that device.

I am wondering if anyone knows if this could possibly have to do with my router, firmware, or configuration?

I know, why don't I ask on the WDLive forum? I have but no good answer there. I am very impressed with the level of expertise on this forum, seems a couple notches above, so was interested in seeing if anyone here happened to be familiar with WDLive and networking.

You might have to search WD forum and look for workgroup issue. I remember reading about it but unfortunately can't remember the details or workarounds, solutions. I guess you could google "workgroup WD live". Or maybe someone on this forum can tell you what worked for them. There's quite a few threads on various workgroup related issues. Some are the same, some aren't. So I think there's more than one workgroup issue.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Li...esn-t-see-any-workgroup-computers/td-p/546053

Just a shot in the dark: is there a utility that you have to install on the client device? Or; am I thinking that right clicking on the device in Network will allow you to update it's driver.

Just hoping one or the other will point you in the right direction.