What's new

Looking for AP for large open classroom

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ashG

Occasional Visitor
My trusty DLink DGL4500 has bit the dust; it's served me for many years as my home router and then as an access point for my school's network.

I have a 2000 sq ft band room that I roam around quite a bit. I use my Galaxy Nexus and iPad 3 frequently in class while roaming around, and occasionally go beyond the back wall and sit on stage (where the AC is nice and freezing).

I'm looking for something that will fill the room reliably without killing my wallet. Speed is nice, as is wall mounting ability, but I don't need 200 bells and whistles I'll likely never use.

Items in use in the room include:
  • iMac (close enough to connect by cat6)
  • iPad3 (roaming)
  • AppleTV3 (approx 20 feet from the access point)
  • Macbook (roaming)

Thanks for the recommendation.

My trusty DLink DGL4500 has bit the dust; it's served me for many years as my home router and then as an access point for my school's network.

I have a 2000 sq ft band room that I roam around quite a bit. I use my Galaxy Nexus and iPad 3 frequently in class while roaming around, and occasionally go beyond the back wall and sit on stage (where the AC is nice and freezing).

I'm looking for something that will fill the room reliably without killing my wallet. Speed is nice, as is wall mounting ability, but I don't need 200 bells and whistles I'll likely never use.

Items in use in the room include:
  • iMac (close enough to connect by cat6)
  • iPad3 (roaming)
  • AppleTV3 (approx 20 feet from the access point)
  • Macbook (roaming)

Thanks for the recommendation.

Airport Extreme... also consider it's little brother, the 2012 version of the Express - will more than light up the room...

Although less than $90 comes in the EnGenius XtraRange ESR600H has 4x ANT two external 5dBi also has their NAT Turbine feature if you use as a DHCP. This feature is not available in WAP force mode. I am using this so far my WiFi client throughput has increase in WAP force mode. Need to use the latest firmware though from EnGenius.

Translation please, from Marketing-speak to English:
" their NAT Turbine feature if you use as a DHCP. This feature is not available in WAP force mode."