What's new

Mcast error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not all log entries are errors.

Apr 19 08:05:30 kernel: bcm_mcast_mld_add:833 mc_fdb->rep_list ffffffc0191d0ba8 next ffffffc01e888460 prev ffffffc01e888460 rep_entry->list ffffffc01e888460 next ffffffc0191d0ba8 prev ffffffc0191d0ba8

This appears to be a host joining a multicast pool. The router appears to be logging the list of hosts as they join the pool.

Completely normal operation.

Not all log entries are errors.

Apr 19 08:05:30 kernel: bcm_mcast_mld_add:833 mc_fdb->rep_list ffffffc0191d0ba8 next ffffffc01e888460 prev ffffffc01e888460 rep_entry->list ffffffc01e888460 next ffffffc0191d0ba8 prev ffffffc0191d0ba8

This appears to be a host joining a multicast pool. The router appears to be logging the list of hosts as they join the pool.

Completely normal operation.
Okay, but what's joining then in the middle of the night?
Everything is shut down in our house except the router.
It just doesn't feel right.

Okay, but what's joining then in the middle of the night?
Everything is shut down in our house except the router.
It just doesn't feel right.

Do you have IOT devices?

Is 8:05 AM the middle of the night in your home?

Do you have IOT devices?

Is 8:05 AM the middle of the night in your home?
Morris, I appreciate you are trying to help, but I am not going to repeat myself over and over.
No iot devices here
Your last comment about 8.05 is a bit silly isn't it.
That was a quote from someone else his log and of course is 8.05 AM not the middle of the night in my home.

Morris, I appreciate you are trying to help, but I am not going to repeat myself over and over.
No iot devices here
Your last comment about 8.05 is a bit silly isn't it.
That was a quote from someone else his log and of course is 8.05 AM not the middle of the night in my home.
Repeat yourself? You have not posted any logs or configuration in this thread.