What's new

N14/N56/N65 QOS UP/DOWN + BFQ with Padavan's F/W builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moonman, are your prebuilt images based on any of padavan's builds? (eg. aria, dlna, transmission)

I'd to try your firmware but I'm not sure what components are in it while the instructions to build the firmware myself seems pretty overwhelming.

087-moonman-2 is out:

- Wireless driver is updated from v2.7.1.6 to v2.7.2.0
- Russian is included in the firmware again (since there is enough space to hold it, and not enough space for any other feature ;) )

Happy New Year everybody. Build 090 is building right now and should be available before next year ;)

Another build with updated BFQ ioscheduler and fixes to actually get it compiled in. No need to update if you couldn't care less about usb atorage.

Also I am taking off to a warmer place for 3 weeks - don't think think i disappeared ;) cheers

Also I am taking off to a warmer place for 3 weeks - don't think think i disappeared ;) cheers

Dude I feel so jealous of you right now. I'm freezing out here in Winnipeg. Its like 40 below with crazy wind chill.

But thanks for the new builds though! :D

Enjoy your trip man.

I am back... to the cold. At least it is +6 here and not -30 C. New builds are up. Padavan bumped major version from 3.8 to 3.9. There are more devices supported but looking at download counts for N14/N65 I would guess they aren't as popular so no builds for them. However, if you want a build for a (currently) missing device please post back here.

Any recommendations on how to recover an RT-N56U that I tried to flash but now just sits at the power LED flashing?

Power LED is flashing - so it must be in rescue mode then. Assign a static ip to a computer directly connected to your router (192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0) and access recovery page and reflash the firmware.

May I ask which firmware was flashed? Any of mine or something else?

No It shouldn't matter if you missed a couple of versions in between. Is your router doing anything else besides its normal function? transmission/samba/etc. Maybe it was on the edge of running out of ram before you started upgrade process?

I've stopped trying for tonight, but no it was only doing 'lite' routing and almost no wireless with nothing else enabled.

Tomorrow is another day!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online