What's new

Need a simple wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Biker

Regular Contributor
Question, and thanks for any responds, Bought the Wife a Netbook so she could carry it around while out shopping and use at home as well and without going to the main computer room for simple task. What I would like to do since the netbook is wired and wireless and to allow her access to the net while working new meals in the kitchen is have it interface wireless to the main wired router in the computer room. The wireless can be very simple, cheap, but would be nice if secured. I figure the best source for input would be from those that do on a daily bases for a living. Again Thanks Here is the equipment type and breakdown; Acer Aspire One A0532h-2789, 10/100 Ethernet and 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi Fi Netbook. Cisco Small Business Security Router, RVS4000

My thoughts were along the same line, inexpensive wireless router converted to an access point then connected to the main router,
But I needed to ask for my own piece of mind.
You'll the network wis, I'm just an Aerospace Electronics Eng Junkie.
Again thanks