What's new

Number of Clients , Antenna and Throughput.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iwod

Regular Contributor
While the throughput is related to the number of Clients using the Wireless Router, would an increase in clients decrease the range of a Router?

And are there a limit to number of wireless client in a Router and Antenna. I only need very low bandwidth, but there would be up to 15 clients connected at the same time.

The number of clients does not affect range. But since bandwidth is shared, it can affect client throughput.

15 clients should be able to connect. But whether they will be happy with the throughput they get depends on use patterns and applications.

What about latency? Also would two antenna double the range? Or would it merely give much better bandwidth at the edge of network?

Since my Internet Connection is only 2MBbps, so bandwidth does really matter to me for Wireless connection ( it would be slow anyway ),

The busier the WLAN, the lower the per client throughput and the higher the latency.

The # of antennas is not directly related to range.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!