What's new

OMG This Asus RT-AX86U Pro Router Is Amazing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freddyjuarez

Regular Contributor
Yes yes I know Asus has better routers but I bought this one and Holly Molly I'm getting speed test results over what we are paying for. We are on spectrum 500 mbps plan and so far all my wifi speed tests have been over 500 mbps how is this even possible feels illegal 😆

My other router RT-AC5300 never ever did this....
Screenshot_20240809-224528.jpg

Yes yes I know Asus has better routers but I bought this one and Holly Molly I'm getting speed test results over what we are paying for. We are on spectrum 500 mbps plan and so far all my wifi speed tests have been over 500 mbps how is this even possible feels illegal 😆

My other router RT-AC5300 never ever did this....
View attachment 60852

It is normal for ISPs to over provision service by a nominal amount to ensure the customer sees the service/speeds they are sold. Your previous network or service provision likely suffered some issue no one thought to investigate and correct... could have been as simple as a loose/wet/bad connection.

OE

That 20MB upload speed by Spectrum is criminal. 😄
Yes, it isn't surprising to see speed slightly or significantly above the plan's advertised speed. As already indicated it is typically up to however the line is provisioned by the provider and how many others are saturating the line at the time.

Frontier 500/500 fiber always indicates a little above 500/500 for me. PC WiFi speed test:
16606445835.jpg

RT-AX86U Pro (3004.388.8_2) GUI speed test w/history:
Internet Speed.jpg

My prior router, a RT-AC68U, GUI speed test always exhibited the well known issue of not properly showing the speed. Was always halved or quartered on that router.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!