What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looks like 13 could indeed be a bad number....
You thought you were safe
@Jack Yaz or anyone smarter and better with compiling than me: I would like to be prepared for the iOS 13 release.
I would need the usual ARM, Mipsel and AARCH releases in zip format, just like @kvic usually does.
A new version number would help too.
I could then modify the ps beta install script and code it into Diversion/amtm.

Any volunteers?
I have been trying to get a build. I got pretty decent at building it from source working with kvic early in the year on the homebrew port, so to some degree I know what I’m doing. But the Catalina beta has broken so much software. It is bananas how much stuff doesn’t work. Virtualization, iso utilities.. Long story short, I cannot get a functional Ubuntu environment without sacrificing that which I am not willing to sacrifice (namely a production machine). But if that changes I’ll post.

You thought you were safe

I have been trying to get a build. I got pretty decent at building it from source working with kvic early in the year on the homebrew port, so to some degree I know what I’m doing. But the Catalina beta has broken so much software. It is bananas how much stuff doesn’t work. Virtualization, iso utilities.. Long story short, I cannot get a functional Ubuntu environment without sacrificing that which I am not willing to sacrifice (namely a production machine). But if that changes I’ll post.
I would have the hardware to have a physical Ubuntu build but lack the know how how to build from source. With detailed instructions I might be able to.

I would have the hardware to have a physical Ubuntu build but lack the know how how to build from source. With detailed instructions I might be able to.
I've managed to build and test it on x64, so I know that the generated certs are right. But cross-compiling, no idea! I tried following the Entware/Optware build setup and got lost. Maybe @Odkrys can lend a hand - I recall a patched stubby build once kindly provided :)

Versioning appears to be via tagged releases on GitHub rather than baked in anywhere in the software (at least, I couldn't see a version)

It’s not in my skill set to write coherent guides on things like this where I have a sketchy understanding. I generally have to make several mistakes on the way to backing into success against the odds - it doesn’t make for a fun read for others. Someone else will probably come through before I do. But the readme on the pixelserv github and included in the source should be enough to get you off the ground. The formula is try to compile, google the error, try a fix, try to compile.. rinse repeat

I've managed to build and test it on x64, so I know that the generated certs are right. But cross-compiling, no idea! I tried following the Entware/Optware build setup and got lost. Maybe @Odkrys can lend a hand - I recall a patched stubby build once kindly provided :)

Versioning appears to be via tagged releases on GitHub rather than baked in anywhere in the software (at least, I couldn't see a version)
Out of curiosity, I assume you’ve built the dynamic binary? I was building static on homebrew with OpenSSL 1.1 - long story short for those interested is that on most (all?) asuswrt platforms you will be limited to tls 1.2 without that.

The formula is try to compile, google the error, try a fix, try to compile.. rinse repeat
This might be the reason why I asked for volunteers ;)
I'm good with googling/DDGing but my patience wears out after a few cryptic *nix error messages with contradicting search results, Distro and version dependent solutions.

Out of curiosity, I assume you’ve built the dynamic binary? I was building static on homebrew with OpenSSL 1.1 - long story short for those interested is that on most (all?) asuswrt platforms you will be limited to tls 1.2 without that.
I don't know. I followed:
Code:
Build from source
This works on all Linux distributions and Linux-like environments such Homebrew for macOS and Cygwin for Windows.

autoreconf -i
./configure
make install

This might be the reason why I asked for volunteers ;)
I'm good with googling/DDGing but my patience wears out after a few cryptic *nix error messages with contradicting search results, Distro and version dependent solutions.
I'm sorry, I do not have a linux box (windows 10) nor do I have any idea how to compile the packages from Github. My wife has a Mac but there's no way she will let me near it with something "experimental" I'm sorry, I'm not going to be much help. :(

Has anyone reached out to --> https://hub.docker.com/u/imthai or are they likely the same person? There were some more recent updates there and there's been 50K downloads of the pixel-serve for docker.. ?

@Jack Yaz I finally have an 18.04 Ubuntu environment set up. I have not been able to figure out cross compile, if you have any tips or can point me to a guide that would be appreciated

@Jack Yaz I finally have an 18.04 Ubuntu environment set up. I have not been able to figure out cross compile, if you have any tips or can point me to a guide that would be appreciated
Just the binaries would suffice for my needs.

Maybe I misunderstand, but don't you need executables for our routers, instead of Ubuntu executables?

And thus cross-compiling?
Right, armv7, mipsel and aarch, I would only replace the binary. Same as kvics beta script did.