What's new

Print server issue. AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fenseven

New Around Here
Having an issue with the print server where i have to remove the printer from control panel and manually add it back in through IP setup every time i want to print on all of my computers.

All computers desktop/laptop are running 8.1 and the router is on Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374_5656 and it's just a basic Brother HL-2240. It used to work fine but then stopped, and i'm not sure if that was around the time i moved the router and printer into a different room or not.

I am able to recreate the issue by turning off the printer, and then restarting a computer. After the computer has rebooted, i turn the printer back on and it still shows up as offline in control panel.

Last edited:
Hi,
If you did not give the printer fixed IP address, why don't you try it?

It's an extremely basic printer that doesn't have an interface of its own. Its ip is the routers ip, the default gateway as it plugs into the router through the usb 2 port. If it was a network printer that would be soo much easier as then i wouldn't need to bother with the routers print server.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!