What's new

problems streaming using AICloud web interface

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Amazing Larry

New Around Here
I can access all of my files using the web address that it gives me, but when I click on a video, a box opens up saying I need to install VLC with the browser plugin (which I have already). Nothing will play.

With audio, I click play and an audio player comes up and starts playing the music, but then after a few seconds it minimizes or something, and the audio stops.. it's odd. I can maximize it again and the music starts playing again.

Anyway, neither video or audio is working. I am using Merlin's latest on my rt-ac68u.

Is anyone else aware of problems being able to stream from the web interface?

thank you!

What web browser and version of VLC?

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Using the latest versions of both Firefox and VLC. I keep Firefox updated, and I reinstalled VLC using the latest version to see if that would help.

Everything streams nicely to my PS3 using the media server, so it's just an issue with the AICloud web interface I suppose.

Just checked my AiCloud from outside my home. Firefox with VLC 64 bit installed. Got the same message that I needed to install VLC. Checked Firefox and the VLC plugins were not listed. Uninstalled VLC 64 BIT and installed VLC 32 bit and now the VLC plugins are installed in Firefox and the video streaming works!

Oh wow that worked thank you! I guess the 64bit version doesn't have a firefox plugin.

Only problem now is that there is no fullscreen button. How could they not put a fullscreen button on there? lol I don't want to watch that tiny window :mad:

Thanks though :)

Wow the scrub bar doesn't even work either. I cant move to different parts of the movie. It looks like it's not anything to do with VLC's plugin but the way AiCloud handles it. There are functions for all of that stuff in the plugin from what I am reading.

Hey bbunge if you read this again, try streaming music. It works until the control window minimizes then the music stops....