What's new

Question about cable modem channels

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Same situation here for ISP's, Comcast or the highway. However, since I bundle phone, cable TV and internet, I threaten them with going to satellite TV, and unbundling my phone and internet. That seems to be enough to get them to cooperate.

Doesn't with help Comcast's speed tiers being half of what they are most everywhere else here, though. That one's hopeless since they know they have no competition. Why should they invest in infrastructure if they don't have to? Love to see them regulated, but at this point, what are the chances of that?

Here and in other regions, what the cable co's do sort of care about is the number of complaints to the PUC. In our area, their annual negotiation of the Franchise Fee is based on the PUC complaint statistics. But my area is Time Warner Cable (not affiliated with Time Warner Corp.) - and now, all they care about is selling the company, not the future. They have been very busy putting lipstick on the pig.