What's new

R5N - Obfuscated Mesh Routing on Hostile Networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
This one is kind of fun...

This is close to the heart, as three others along with myself, designed an end-to-end protocol using DHT's - we stumbled for a bit until I hit on using rolling ciphers on what would eventually look proto block-chains.

Once in place, one could have both control channels along with the data plane, and what would happen if one chain got separated from the collective swarm, and how to reconcile and re-sync...

This was like 2009-2010 timeframe - and we shopped the concept around up in Silicon Valley, including some interesting folks like DARPA and the like - we were so far ahead of our time, nobody really understood the story telling for the pitch...

Some might say that TOR was already around, and yes, I agree it was, but there were more than a few gaps in the TOR protocol back in the time, and we worked to address the gaps...

As with many startups - it's hard to get there, really hard - and funding only goes so far - we did a seed round after friends and family, but we never got to a series A as we just ran out of money...

That was my first startup... was a good idea, but not a win from a business perspective. Not a bad thing, learned a lot, and keep in mind, that 8 out of 10 startups die on the vine...

The second was cafeole which was a HW/SW startup more focused on SW, HW was just an enabler... that one, broke even, and we eventually licensed the design for a Japanese company, and they're still using it. I still get royalty checks to this very day on that project...

Third was another interesting one, specific to a market, and a short timeline - but that one hit big... we seeded in at $3M, sold the company for $42M 18 months later...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!