What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks! Yeah, need to see if I can swap mine out so I can actually put these to work and use all their features and hardware.
just set you router to DMZ+ mode and disable the wifi on the modem. This is what i do and the router gets public ip

IP Passthrough and DMZ+ are functionally identical. Both are pseudo-bridge modes. The AT&T gateway continues to function as a router and will process and, if necessary, NAT traffic towards devices on its LAN. Any traffic that would normally be dropped will be sent to the Passthrough/DMZ+ device un-NAT-ed. In a way, this is kind of nifty because you essentially have two subnets without the usual downside of double NAT. You can throw your less trust-worthy devices onto the gateway's LAN. Note: If you have U-verse TV, you should keep them directly connected to the gateway.

Last edited:
Just a noob question, i just need the factory reset after the new fw flashed right? or i should make the factory reset before flashing and after or what?
I upgraded and didn't reset and let it run for a few hours. Traffic seemed a bit sluggish and speedtest was a bit slower. Additionally, I kept getting these log entries every 3 seconds:

Code:
user    warning    kernel    ERR[__parse_app_rule:575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
user    warning    kernel    ERR[parse_qos_conf:1038] Invalid config syntax at line 22.
user    warning    kernel    ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
user    warning    kernel    ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
user    warning    kernel    ERR[qos_start:3350] qos_conf is not already!
user    warning    kernel    ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

Factory resetting it and manually configuring it eliminated the bad juju.

Just updated to the new firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20287) myself. Did a factory reset.
I'm only getting the 2.4ghz and 5G-1 and no 5G-2. Do you guys have the same problem?

Upon checking wireless log there is no 5G-2 broadcasting.
Also in the wireless settings, the 5G-2 is set to "Current Control Channel: 0" and it doesn't let me change it.

Could the 5G-2 be reserved for the AiMesh backchannel?

Last edited:
just set you router to DMZ+ mode and disable the wifi on the modem. This is what i do and the router gets public ip

IP Passthrough and DMZ+ are functionally identical. Both are pseudo-bridge modes. The AT&T gateway continues to function as a router and will process and, if necessary, NAT traffic towards devices on its LAN. Any traffic that would normally be dropped will be sent to the Passthrough/DMZ+ device un-NAT-ed. In a way, this is kind of nifty because you essentially have two subnets without the usual downside of double NAT. You can throw your less trust-worthy devices onto the gateway's LAN. Note: If you have U-verse TV, you should keep them directly connected to the gateway.

If you’re using the att router and bridging it, you’re doing it wrong. i have att fiber. I use a simple vlan gigabit switch to connect directly to my router and bypass att. Instructions are on dslreports forums. Very simple, and big improvements in speed and ipv6.

If you’re using the att router and bridging it, you’re doing it wrong. i have att fiber. I use a simple vlan gigabit switch to connect directly to my router and bypass att. Instructions are on dslreports forums. Very simple, and big improvements in speed and ipv6.

Which modem are you using? Some are friendlier than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just updated to the new firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20287) myself. Did a factory reset.
I'm only getting the 2.4ghz and 5G-1 and no 5G-2. Do you guys have the same problem?

Also in the wireless settings, the 5G-2 is set to "Current Control Channel: 0" and it doesn't let me change it.

What do you mean, "wireless log"? If you mean any of the "Client Status" lists, they still do not work correctly for me; it works for a bit after boot, then stops refreshing properly, not showing devices that are clearly using the router just fine.

Did you reset via holding down the reset button with power on?

Are you using SmartConnect? (I am; if you aren't, I won't see the same settings. Mine prefers 5GHz-2, which is, by default, configured for AC only devices in the SC rules.)

Does a WiFi scanner (e.g. Android App) see all your SSIDs?

Are your radios on in the "Professional" Wireless tab?

Is AiMesh enabled/disabled?

Asus' webserver farm sometimes take a day or two to fully sync, that's why people get different results, depending on which server in that farm they are connecting to.

EDIT: I see info for the new firmware has been posted already. So how is it?

Last edited:
Scroll up

You edited while I replied, pulling a switcharoo.

Heh, "switch"-a-roo.

U can get lucky with the ATT online chat get one shipped next day make sure u say you want a BGW210 it’s alittle new it has its up and downs but gets rid of the bufferbloat problem the 5268 has on uploads also it handles IPv6 way better I know when I had the 5268 ATT went native but my 5268 would always keep me on 6RD when I switched out to the 210 I got native IPv6 and it also Passthroughs IPv6 native to the ROG I mean it will still Double NAT but not as Bad as the 5268 does with DMZ I think the 210 will only NAT other att services like Direct tv or if u have wireless it will NAT Att WiFi calling but all other stuff the ROG will NAT it fully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used my ASUS routers "in front of" AT&T U-Verse for many years. It's very easy to do. You need to logon to the AT&T Gateway and make some changes. This will not affect any services from AT&T. You will need to plug the Ethernet cable into a LAN port on the AT&T Gateway and the WAN Port on the ASUS Router. Then, you will need to know the IP and the MAC Address of the ASUS Router. Write them down. Then follow the guide here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/smb-internet/KM1188700 to configure IP Passthrough (Bridge Mode).

So far, Day 1 on 384 firmware (Day 4 of owning this thing, so it's all new to me):

- Had to power-cycle the router after 22 hours; it got progressively slower passing traffic, http UI got unresponsive, Android app couldn't connect. I disabled web history; perhaps a long list of entries bogged it down and I don't need it since it's UI isn't really usable. However, I think it might be SmartConnect since that was the culprit for 382 crashing and burning every 30 mins-3 hrs or so.

- WTFast doesn't log in automatically after a reboot and without logging in, the GPN routing daemon doesn't run/doesn't work. After logging in, it picked up my wife's ESO session and kicked in. I don't know if this is a new issue or an old one.

- Client list still doesn't update reliably.

I have 1 wired, 1 N300, 1 AC1300, and 4 AC867 clients.

Still getting port flapping when I plug my Xbox One X into gaming ports 1 and 2. Even happens on 5 and 6. Constant link up and link down messages in the log after powering down in instant-on mode. I’m thinking it has to do with the low power state of the Xbox in this mode. But I can’t understand why it only happens on ports 1,2,5, and 6 but not 3,4,7 and 8.

For the members losing their 2nd 5Ghz channel I have a fix:

AiMesh for Tri-band routers: RT-AC5300, GT-AC5300

Greetings, a week ago I have this router and I still find the same errors with the firmware of August and the last one 2 days ago.
To which I activate the game boost and the qos in the event log I start to get this error every second:
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [__ parse_app_rule: 575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [parse_qos_conf: 1038] Invalid config syntax at line 22.
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [ioctl_iqos_op_config: 3592] parse qos_conf error !!
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config () fail!
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [qos_start: 3350] qos_conf is not already!
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch (1) fail!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [__ parse_app_rule: 575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [parse_qos_conf: 1038] Invalid config syntax at line 22.
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [ioctl_iqos_op_config: 3592] parse qos_conf error !!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config () fail!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [qos_start: 3350] qos_conf is not already!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch (1) fail!
Jan 28 11:54:03 kernel: ERR [__ parse_app_rule: 575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
Apart from that when I activate the wireless programming, the gameboost and qos when I turn off the router and turn it on again I get all disabled, of course I reset the router when I updated the firmware and configured from 0.
Anyone else with these errors?
Thank you.

Greetings, a week ago I have this router and I still find the same errors with the firmware of August and the last one 2 days ago.
To which I activate the game boost and the qos in the event log I start to get this error every second:
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [__ parse_app_rule: 575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [parse_qos_conf: 1038] Invalid config syntax at line 22.
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [ioctl_iqos_op_config: 3592] parse qos_conf error !!
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config () fail!
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ERR [qos_start: 3350] qos_conf is not already!
Jan 28 11:53:57 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch (1) fail!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [__ parse_app_rule: 575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [parse_qos_conf: 1038] Invalid config syntax at line 22.
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [ioctl_iqos_op_config: 3592] parse qos_conf error !!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config () fail!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ERR [qos_start: 3350] qos_conf is not already!
Jan 28 11:54:00 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch (1) fail!
Jan 28 11:54:03 kernel: ERR [__ parse_app_rule: 575] Failed to parse app rule catid value
Apart from that when I activate the wireless programming, the gameboost and qos when I turn off the router and turn it on again I get all disabled, of course I reset the router when I updated the firmware and configured from 0.
Anyone else with these errors?
Thank you.
I'm seeing the same thing. I had these errors with 382. 384 changes my settings also (Enabled Game Boost switches to OFF, QoS is enabled but it doesn't have a mode selected).

I enabled WTFast for the first time and thought that might have something to do with it but it doesn't (I disabled it; logins don't persist through reboots anyway).

It appears that the "Enabled Game Boost" switch just sets the QoS mode to Games and switching the QoS mode from Games to anything else disables the Game Boost toggle. AFAIK, this is new UI behavior from 382. They can (and should) do away with the Game Boost toggle switch.

My QoS mode selection doesn't appear to persist through reboots; it doesn't have anything highlighted. I selected "Customize" and moved "Others" above "File Transfers" and applied it.

I got those syslog entries when changing QoS settings but I haven't gotten them after rebooting. I don't know of a good way to test if QoS is working other than playing a game on one machine whilst transferring files, etc. on another...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!