What's new

Router freaked out N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikee

Occasional Visitor
Yesterday at 8PM there was a huge lightening strike, the router still powers up but the internet does not work. I can't access 192.168.1.1 either. The lights turn on and off and never stop? I tried factory reset the router but it didn't really help.

Any suggestions on what I should do next? everything else seems to work fine in the house just the router has been messed up.

I've seen that kind of scenario before, you can always try use recovery mode and flash it with another FW just to see if it has the same behaviour or not.

Don't forget to clean NVRAM / load defaults after.

PS: The one i've seen happening was sent to RMA because it was HW problem.

Disconnect the router from power for about 5 minutes and try again. In such cases just a reboot may not help.

I've seen that kind of scenario before, you can always try use recovery mode and flash it with another FW just to see if it has the same behaviour or not.

Don't forget to clean NVRAM / load defaults after.

PS: The one i've seen happening was sent to RMA because it was HW problem.

I will try this, it seems that wireless works ok, but soon as I plug ethernet in it goes haywire. :/

Disconnect the router from power for about 5 minutes and try again. In such cases just a reboot may not help.

I left it unplugged all night and then plugged it in in the morning and still no luck :/

So no ethernet port is working (try all ports)? Not even if you set a static IP?

Last edited:
I will try this, it seems that wireless works ok, but soon as I plug ethernet in it goes haywire. :/

I left it unplugged all night and then plugged it in in the morning and still no luck :/

I am sorry but most probably the ethernet ports are gone because of electrical surge. If you have ethernet testing device you may check if they are OK.