What's new

RT-AC56u Strange wifi problem.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Algimantas

Occasional Visitor
My rt-ac56U is running on merlin 374.43_2.
I have 4 devices that use wifi, 2 laptops and 2 galaxy s2.
I use only 2.4ghz radio on 11 channel and 20mhz bandwidth.

If I leave my devices connected to the router via wifi, after 30-60min they lose connection to the internet. It shows that it is connected to the router but I can't access internet until I shutdown wifi adapter and turn it back on. And this occurs on all of my devices! What should I do?

Switched to newest asus firmware but the problem is still here.

Edit..

I think this problem has something to do with WIFI PSM (Power saving mode). I've connected my old dell laptop which doesn't have PSM (No P flag in wireless log) and it seems to run just fine. Other devices started freezing but dell was still running.
I'll try to leave dell running for a longer period of time.

Last edited:
What's the link rate on your connected devices? Also, does it work any better when you're right next to the router?

I've returned my RT-AC56U to warranty service because I suspected that it was faulty and got a brand new one. However the problem is still here so I think this has something to do with device drivers.

I've run intercepter-ng on my galaxy s2 when i lost the connection
Looks like my phone is looking for the router and other devices and gets no response..
It is sending arp requests 'who has 192.168.1.*' and it just goes from 1 to 255 and all over again..
Standing next to the router doesn't help so I don't think this is a problem of signal strength

3821023e71eb3f242984fd61cb2b4be8.jpg