What's new

RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.3626

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bell2200

Occasional Visitor
3.0.0.4.376.3626 appeared on the Asus site today with the instruction:
[Important] Please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router after firmware updated

Anybody willing to give it a go?

Can you post a direct link to the firmware? 3626 is not showing for the RT-AC66U on the official Asus support page. The most recent firmware showing there is 3602. Although I'm probably going to stick with 2524 as it has worked perfect for me. The only upgrade I see in 3602 that I might be interested in is "Click the lock icon in client profile to assign fixed IP for client."

Can you post a direct link to the firmware? 3626 is not showing for the RT-AC66U on the official Asus support page. The most recent firmware showing there is 3602. Although I'm probably going to stick with 2524 as it has worked perfect for me. The only upgrade I see in 3602 that I might be interested in is "Click the lock icon in client profile to assign fixed IP for client."

http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC66U/HelpDesk_Download/

Yeah, it's not showing up yet on the normal support page. You have to go the product information page. This has happened with updates in the past, so I have learned to look there instead.

Thanks for the feedback. Just to add to the database here, had you tried 3602? What is your hardware version?

Yes, I had used 3602 without any problems either. It was a big improvement over 2524, which gave me all sorts of niggling little problems. In fact, I only used 2524 for a day before going back to the then current Merlin release.

I'm one of those guys who has to try every new release, official and Merlin, as soon as it comes out.

Yes, I had used 3602 without any problems either. It was a big improvement over 2524, which gave me all sorts of niggling little problems. In fact, I only used 2524 for a day before going back to the then current Merlin release.

I'm one of those guys who has to try every new release, official and Merlin, as soon as it comes out.

Ah, thank you. The bolded section in the quote seems extremely relevant. 3602 was a disaster for me. So, I'd still like to hear from someone for whom 3602 didn't work but for whom 3626 did.

2524 has the NAT loop-back problem.

I'm still on 1123.

3626 fixes the 5ghz bug, applied it and the 5ghz is broadcasting and channels are available.

3626 fixed the 5Ghz problems

I upgraded to 3626 and it seems to work.
5Ghz is working fine and is showing all the channels.
We have to wait for the stability and i had the issue to restart the Router every two days because it gets sluggy and very slow.
I sure hope my issues are fixed.

So far i am happy with this release

I upgraded from 1123 and things are working very well.

Wireless 2.5 and 5 are working
Loopback is working
IPTV is working

One thing I noticed that is not working is Connected Clients says zero. No big deal.

I don't see 3626 update for the RT-AC66R only the 3602 update.

Both use the exact same firmware, so just use the RT-AC66U firmware.

I finally got around to installing 3626. All is well and the connection speed for the machine most distant from the router has increased.

Firmware 3626 runs slower than 2524 through wireless. I updated today and prior to update I was getting 20m down 20m up now I get 14m down and 5m up.

Firmware 3626 runs slower than 2524 through wireless. I updated today and prior to update I was getting 20m down 20m up now I get 14m down and 5m up.

Is this with a reset to factory defaults and manually setting up the router again? Preferably with a new SSID?

Is this with a reset to factory defaults and manually setting up the router again? Preferably with a new SSID?

Yes on reset and setup. No on SSID change. Why SSID change? I did a little more testing. I always test with same device in same place for consistency. Closer to wireless the speeds are fine this further reading is degraded. So seems like the latest fw degraded the signal a bit.

The SSID change forces the client to create a new connection with optimized settings for the new drivers and / or driver settings.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!