What's new

RT-AC66U Time Machine backups

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mathel71

New Around Here
Is it possible to enable wireless Time Machine backups for Macs to a USB HDD connected to my RT-AC66U? I might be confused, but it seems like there is a possibility by looking here: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1004458/

I don't, however, have the Time Machine app under USB apps, is there a way to add it?

It's possible, but not recommended - Apple makes changes from time to time, and it's their sandbox - and this generally will break 3rd parties...

It's possible, but not recommended - Apple makes changes from time to time, and it's their sandbox - and this generally will break 3rd parties...

Ok, I understand that, but I still wanted to try it, but the option for Time Machine doesn't appear under USB Applications.

There's a couple of other threads on the board inside the AsusWRT subforums - I'd do a quick search there.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online