What's new

RT-AC88U Wi-Fi 2.4GHz Issues and Ethernet Issues 384.13_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have no issues with ethernet and 5ghz but good God 2.4ghz is killing me. like Ichiban said some of my devices uses 2.4ghz like my gps and dishwasher(yes you 'eard me right) and I am this close to switching to linksys EA9500 from my AC88u. Lemme hit that channel 10 and 20hz too and see if it helps.

I've been so frustrated with the 88u. Practically all my devices use 2.4GHz sadly. And it's not just as simple as upgrading the wifi cards in them either!

The only way to get this router stable for me nowadays is to do a reset once in a while.

.15 was utter crap for me as well, 2.4 ghz just kept crapping out and have to turn off/on the radio to get it to work every day or so. .16 is better, have had 2.4ghz band crash 3 times so far in 18 days. just hit and miss on each firmware update since the 'ng' branch.