What's new

RT-AX86U Pro low TX rate (54Mbps) on some android devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rvcjew

New Around Here
I am on the latest Official FW for the device and just wanted to know if my phone an S21 Ultra with a SD 888 (RX 1200/TX 54) is just not able to have a higher TX rate on wifi 6. My tab S8 can reach the same RX and TX (1200/1200) and my laptop gets the same as well (1201/1201).
Here are my settings for the devices and the router incase anyone sees anything that might make the phone faster (uploading files from it to the NAS is pretty slow compared to the tablet of course).

Attachments

• slow tx.png
    slow tx.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 51
Start uploading a large file to a server from your phone and watch what happens to the TX rate. It's called Power Saving.

Start uploading a large file to a server from your phone and watch what happens to the TX rate. It's called Power Saving.
I have and it caps at 54. My tablet and my other tablet s7+ will cap at 1200 or fluctuate around 980 and up. For some reason the s21u only caps at 54. I copied a zip file that was 4GB to test.

I am on the latest Official FW for the device and just wanted to know if my phone an S21 Ultra with a SD 888 (RX 1200/TX 54) is just not able to have a higher TX rate on wifi 6. My tab S8 can reach the same RX and TX (1200/1200) and my laptop gets the same as well (1201/1201).
Here are my settings for the devices and the router incase anyone sees anything that might make the phone faster (uploading files from it to the NAS is pretty slow compared to the tablet of course).
Post a readable screen capture/shot of the 5Ghz Wireless > General page settings for others to review. Could be you have an issue with the channel used or other settings on the General page. Also could be an issue with the client device and it's capabilities.

Post a readable screen capture/shot of the 5Ghz Wireless > General page settings for others to review. Could be you have an issue with the channel used or other settings on the General page. Also could be an issue with the client device and it's capabilities.
I think it's the former, just no one has noticed or talked about it. Here's the Pic you wanted. With these settings the phone is the only one that stays at 54mbps. My father has a base S21 I can try the same test on later today.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240615_084002_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240615_084002_Chrome.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 47

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!