What's new

rt-n56u help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pizdets17

New Around Here
need some help guys. I got a n56u because I was sick of getting 3-5mb/sec tranfer of files from my laptop to my desktop on my old wrt160. Well after setting it up I am getting max of 8-10mb/sec and sometimes even 5-6mb/sec when transferring movies. I am not a total noob when it comes to computers but not so much with networking so here are my settings:

Router:
5ghz enabled, 40mhz channel, WPA2-Personal, AEK. Channels are on auto.
Laptop: SONY vpcsa390s Intel 6230N, 5.2ghz preferrred band, same envryption as router. Wireless mode a/b/g (the one in the driver properties). Latest frimware on router (1.0.8.d), latest wifi drivers from intel.
Dekstop: gigabit lan, set to 1000.

No firewalls, or anti virus software or anything else going on.
Internet is 50MPBS cable.

Any help is appreciated I tried to give you as much info as I can. Thanks in advance

Are you quoting bits/sec or Bytes/sec? Are these speeds with the client and router in the same room?

8-10 MB/s is 64-80 Mbps. This is actually better than my test results.

huh..So thats what its supposed to be? I though it would be faster after all the reviews...Is there any other setting you recommend I look at?

Nothing else you can do. It's working normally.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!