What's new

RT-N66U - IGMP Snooping is blocking Multicastsignals (IPTV not working)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nydus

New Around Here
Hey there!

My setup:

Fritzbox 7360 as modem.

N66u as Accespoint (had merlins 39_0_em for a while, now newest stock). Has a fixed IP which is not in the IP-range.

The AP is serving 2 wlan bridges. Each bridge has an IPTV box attached.

Problem is: after 5 to 10 seconds, the picture just freezes. But when i turn IGMP Snooping off it works. But naturaly its not very healthy for my Wlan.

Funny thing is, it worked for almost 2 days without a problem. And suddenly the snooping blocks it oO

I tried reseting to factory defaults, even flashed the newest stock firmware.

When i connect the bridges to the Wlan of the Fritzbox, it works. So it seems the problem is not the modem or the bridges. Just the N66U blocks the multicast suddenly.

I hope u can help me :(

PS: Sorry for my bad english. but its very late here and i tried the whole evening to fix this -.-#

hey there. i got it working somehow :O

i had to set it to Router and not Accespoint. When i did that i could activate IGMP Proxy under the LAN settings.

Problem is: now i have 2 different subnets.

What problems can occur when i run the N66u as router behind a router/modem?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!