What's new

RT-N66u plug in USB stick and internet will not connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jackie

New Around Here
I've tried a couple of times to use a USB stick to monitor my usage but every time I get it set up I get an error that there is no connection between router & modem. Once the USB is unplugged and all rebooted it works again. I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I just can't figure it out?

...a USB stick to monitor my usage...
What is this USB stick all about?

A normal thumb drive should not harm you router's function - by the way: How is the USB drive formatted? Should be FAT (not FAT32) for fast and easy access between all hosts.

I checked and it is FAT32 - there is also a file on there... tomato.stats etc (I was trying to format to FAT and don't remember exact file name. I'll try and find a windows computer to see if I can change to FAT format...see if that helps..gparted didn't give me that option.
Thanks

Personally I'd stick with FAT32. I've not seen the old FAT format used for years.