What's new

Solved Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Doesn't Detect 6Ghz Band on Wifi Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Update: I had a similar disconnect during the day and also I had a complete refusal of my S24U to auto connect to my WiFi after returning home as well for some reason, which I'd not seen before. Connected fine after manually switching S24U WiFi off and back on again.

I'd been reading some other threads on here and noticed it previously being recommended to disable Universal Beamforming. I've disabled that on all 4 radios, and have re-enabled S24U Power Saving and will continue to observe.

Update: I had a similar disconnect during the day and also I had a complete refusal of my S24U to auto connect to my WiFi after returning home as well for some reason, which I'd not seen before. Connected fine after manually switching S24U WiFi off and back on again.

I'd been reading some other threads on here and noticed it previously being recommended to disable Universal Beamforming. I've disabled that on all 4 radios, and have re-enabled S24U Power Saving and will continue to observe.
I tried disabling both, but it didn't make any difference. The sad thing is, no one other than you and me cares about this anymore.. There used to be Reddit posts about this, but it's been silent for a few months already..

I tried disabling both, but it didn't make any difference. The sad thing is, no one other than you and me cares about this anymore.. There used to be Reddit posts about this, but it's been silent for a few months already..
Well, I'm more than happy to keep tinkering and testing! Please feel free to DM me if you want to compare set ups or configurations etc 👍

At the moment, I'm hoping for a firmware update on the router-side to see if it makes any difference - only because the S24U has had multiple updates and the experience hasn't changed.

I don't know if it's the router or S24U, or a specific combination at the moment although my 2 gaming PC's with BE200 cards don't experience the same issue - however, those are desktop machines so they are not roaming around the house!

We live in a fairly new build 3 story townhouse in the UK, the BE98 is currently located on the ground floor next to the furthest point on one side of the house (as that's where the ONT is), my PC is on the next floor up but on the opposite side of the house with my son's PC located in the room directly above that. I get good signal on the 6GHz band on my PC (Windows shows all bars on the taskbar and I see the full 1Gbps down and 100mbps up from my Sky Fibre line, 320 MHz channel 69), my son's PC is still on the older Intel antenna from the previous AX201 card and his machine gets OK reception according to the ASUS app, he sees 2-3 bars on the Windows taskbar on either 5GHz-1 (80MHz channel 60) or 5GHz-2 (160MHz channel 100), he sees around 400-500mbps down and the full 100mbps down. I've tried the same type of ASUS WiFi 6E antenna that I use on my machine with his, but couldn't get as good a reception.

(Just for info, there are only Sky broadband users near me, their 5GHz is 80MHz on either channel 36 or 40, as such I currently use the 'spare' 80MHz on the non-DFS range and 160MHz on the unused DFS range - there are no 6GHz users near me so I can use the full 320MHz channel width without any guilt!)

Just thinking, I initially had the BE98 set up with separated SSID's for each radio and the disconnections would regularly occur with the S24U when I was on 6GHz in the furthest point of the house, as expected - the disconnections I experience now using MLO appears to manifest itself in the same way. However, I'd expect MLO / Smart Connect to seamlessly migrate to either the 2.4 or 5GHz channels, which doesn't appear to occur.

Last edited:
Same here (Brazil), S24 Ultra and 6GHz GT-AXE16000 working fine, but my Alienware X17R2 (Killer AX1675) does not see the 6GHz bands, no matter what (drivers/channels/whatever), Dell has blocked 6E here for ALL their notebooks (6E were not validated by local Regulatory Agency - ANATEL), I need BIOS update, according to Dell they will update it in April 2024, I really don't care, since 5GHz 160 gives me my full ISP bandwidth, but it sucks to not use a more "free" frequency as 6GHz.
Hi, just wondering if you got if fixed (from Dell side). And good to know you have 6ghz working here..... My AX88u is about to be replaced and wondering "were" to go...

I have an S20. I've been having wifi problems on the primary 5g band. Today, I turned off 'Auto select channel including DFS channels' and locked it to 160 mHz. So far, best speeds ever and intermittent 'pauses' for internet access to come online have stopped. Hopefully, this is the fix.

Update: Since receiving the June update on my S24U I haven't had a single disconnect. I don't know if it is actually the Samsung update or if I just haven't actually been using the phone when it has been disconnected however.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!