What's new

Serious WIFI Problem (Please help me)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xfeeljin

New Around Here
I bought AC68R at bestbuy

I am under below link(previous post)
http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?p=105701#post105701

However I found that it is doing operation in only router mode(disable wifi) in many test

If I enable wifi mode (2.4GHz or 5GHz), AC68 is dropped in few minute...

Is there anybody who experience this situation?

If no,

Please advise solution to resolve this problem
(for example, change wifi setting value)

Somebody help me!!!!! :(

I read your other post. If you just bought it fom bestbuy it's under warranty.
Exchange it at bestbuy or contact asus.
Their costumer support is great. I'm pretty sure (from experience) they will fix or replace it.
You'd have to to ship it to them but that's a small amount when you consider the price of the router m

Hi,
Can you see any clue from the syslog? What is your WiFi settings? Did you try with basic simple setting without any security setting using only one client device? Checked your neighborhood with inSSIDer?

Last edited:
I read your other post. If you just bought it fom bestbuy it's under warranty.
Exchange it at bestbuy or contact asus.
Their costumer support is great. I'm pretty sure (from experience) they will fix or replace it.
You'd have to to ship it to them but that's a small amount when you consider the price of the router m

I am not residing in US.
I will be back to US in July:(

Hi,
Can you see any clue from the syslog? What is your WiFi settings? Did you try with basic simple setting without any security setting using only one client device? Checked your neighborhood with inSSIDer?

I didn't change all value except SSID value and password for security
(all is default value)

If I enable wifi mode (2.4GHz or 5GHz), AC68 is dropped in few minute...
As TonyH wrote, check the signals in your environment. Are you in an apartment/condo?Try changing from auto to either channel 1 or 6 or 11 for 2.4ghz.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!