What's new

Suggestions appreciated, wireless connection between two FIOS routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

n2ubp

Occasional Visitor
A friend recently moved into an old late 1700's farm house. There is a small barn about 150 feet from the house that was converted into home office space and living space for an older parent. The barn and the house both have their own dedicated FIOS ONT, each with TV, Internet, and phone service. There are no wired Ethernet connections between both buildings. My friend would like to connect these two separate networks together so he can share home NAS, printers, servers, etc. between buildings, perhaps even load balance between the two Internet connections. What is the best way to wirelessly connect these two separate networks? I really don't want to set up a VPN thru the FIOS WAN connection. I'd rather keep the connection as part of the local network. He is willing to purchase additional equipment to get this working.
Thanks, Steve

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!