What's new

Suggestions: Network Link Under the TV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TexUs

New Around Here
Hi guys...

In a nutshell, I only have one coax cable going to my TV (it's run between the upstairs and downstairs, can't run another- it's not possible- I've tried).
I have cable internet going over this cable. I now have a need to send OTA Antenna HD down this cable, too. The problem is- the both can't co-exist on the same coax cable.

So- either I need to make the antenna signal wireless to the Tuner, OR, I need to make the internet wireless to below the TV.

Which is suggested? And via what method? My current wireless router is the WNDR3700

Additional info...

I need internet connections under the TV for:

Xbox 360 S
BluRay player (network updates)
Media Center

The 360 already has Wireless N, but I've never used it.
Would buying a Wireless N card for the Media Center machine be better than bridging a link between two routers so it's still "hard wired"?
(I figure I can suffer doing manual updates on the BR player- it only updates every couple of months anyway).

You can send your home LAN (IP) over the TV coax with a pair of MoCA boxes. See the topic area here on MoCA.
Works well.
I have a MoCA box at my TV, connected to an ethernet switch, so several IP devices can connect at that place.

MoCA uses frequencies other than TV channels and cable modem frequencies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!