What's new

The Wireless 5GHz channel has dropped from 160Hz to 80Hz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It might as well stay on channel 36 and drop the bandwidth to 80MHz.

Thanks - that was my point exactly - wonder if this is an artifact with how the wireless driver is initalized when configured as 160MHz BW - since DFS has to come into play, if there is a WL event that causes the driver to tune away from the extended channels, that it thinks it in automatic mode, doing the scan for activity and tuning to what it thinks is a "better" channel...

I apologize, I know this is an old thread, but it is currently very relevant to me. I have the exact same router the GT-AX6000 ROG with the latest merlin 3004.388.8_2_rog, and I have noticed a very similar event to OP. Where I live there is an Airforce Base, so I wouldn't be surprised when the Blackhawks come flying through as low as they do, that it would indeed kick me from my channel 48 @ 160MHZ to channel 44 or 36, but like you indicated, it doesn't change back to 48 and the bandwidth changes to 80mhz unless I readjust the router. I've noticed however, that my nearby neighbor has a TP-Link BE19000 Tri-Band 7 Router, and they have dual 5ghz channels, one is always trying to steal my spot and it typically wanders around the lower channels. Most of the time we are both broadcasting channel 48 @ 160mhz at the same time without any issues, I have 2GBS Fiber, and I can actually almost use all of that bandwidth when I'm using AX at 160mhz, so I want the channel to stay put, but it will migrate to a different channel and extension channel, typically like 44 or 36 and a high end extension channel, until I realize that my 160mhz bandwidth has been compromised, and then I reset the channel on the Wireless Page, and the radios reset and everything is back to 48 @ 160mhz. I'm wondering is there a way I can force my neighbor off channel 48? Perhaps some industrial grade tinfoil, or microwave maker or something, cuz that TP-Link Router is really messing with my gear.

Is there a way to keep it forced onto 48 at 160mhz? Even though my neighbors channel overlaps directly on top of mine, it is by far the fastest channel at 160mhz, I've tried the others and the interference increases to the point its hovering in the -70 range, when the same device on the 48 channel with 160mhz typically gets -60db. Should I just buy a 1000$ router and see if I can overpower the neighborhood?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online