What's new

Thoughts on ASUS ExpertWiFi EBR63?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KGB7

Very Senior Member
I would like to replace my Asus AC68U with something newer and budget friendly. Main issue which is not a big deal half the time, but the USB 3.0 port is slow when it comes to writing files to an external USB hard drive. And even slower while simultaneously downloading anything from internet.

Im a single user with a hand full devices; TV, laptop, phone and a tablet. Only review I found is by DonKnows and my main concern is how flimsy the router is. Im not planning to take it with me or move it around all the time, and it will sit inside a tv stand.

I don't need any crazy features, no vlans, no access points or run any scripts, no gaming, no remote access, no cameras.

I was thinking of getting Ubiquiti Dream Router, but that would mean I would need to get a stand alone NAS but, I would like to keep my setup simple and on a budget friendly side.

My home internet is with Xfinity, 50/10, which is more than enough for my use.

Cheers.

What is the USB stick used for - backups or shared file access ?

A Synology 2 disk NAS in raid 1 redundancy or just a single drive NAS, both options using an external USB3 drive for backup of files, sounds like it would solve your issue and be long term.

If the ASUS is exposed directly to the internet, then yes, replace it with a currently supported equivalent AX router.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!