What's new

Voxel To unregistered readers of SNB forums

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Voxel I don't have my R7800 any longer but when i did i always flashed your firmware and it always worked very well. So even though i no longer use your firmware i still want to say thanks for all your work. It was and is much appreciated. ;)

Hello,

Registered to post here.

Truth be told, I usually downloaded the firmware files directly from your website or viewed posts from myopenrouter.com (I originally had the Kong firmware so that was my go-to website). I've only just discovered the kamoj addon (and this website) for the first time this evening, after using the Voxel custom firmware for about a year with very few issues. Perhaps you could add a link to this forum from your website so more people are aware of it?

I definitely appreciate what you all do (even the people who post questions - as often I don't feel I need to post because my questions are usually answered). We all benefit from each other's experiences, and I don't think it's that difficult to press a Like button to show my appreciation, so going forward I will.

For my part, I apologize for not doing so sooner, but please do not assume that the people who make use of your work are ungrateful or uncaring. Personally, I never feel that I can contribute anything useful due to time constraints and lack of skill, so I am usually just a quiet observer as I am in-person. Consequently, I don't usually make an account for a forum like this unless I have any useful input (even in the form of a question). Of course, I realize now that showing appreciation is useful input in terms of morale so I will make more of an effort here and for other projects that I benefit from.

Newbie and long time lurker.
Thank you!
Your firmware and another third party I use made my Netgear routers run well. Netgear's OEM firmware seemed to have gone south years ago, never knew what a new release would do. I don't use any add ons, just want reliable performance.
Voxel is on our R7800. Good stuff, straight from the horse's mouth!

There are at least three very popular and important projects published in this forum: Voxel FW, kamoj add-on, Aegis. There are a lot of people who are reading this forum offline. But who are using the result of these projects.

Well. Do you all (offline readers) understand that we all are working for you as well, you successfully use the result of our really hard work made by us for free. I do not force all of you to donate us, continue to use our work for free, it is normal, but why the hell you are not able to spend 5 min of your time to register here and to push the [Like] button what means just “thank you”?!! It is just worldwide practice and culture to say “thank you” to someone who helps you. Worldwide moral/ethical/culture. Your likes do not bring us any profits but the moral satisfaction.

@Voxel - we've known each other since your early R7800 days - we've had good chats over the years, and I've always appreciated your work.

That being said - I'm a bit puzzled here on what is the intent of this thread?

3rd party firmware is always going to be a thankless task - as mentioned, SNB is a bit of an echo-chamber, and the rest is just like everything else on the internet - folks see it, download and install, and wham, it's done and over - no thank-you's to be had.

For the maintainers here, and I would say this also towards the Asus 3rd party devs - there is another project that would definitely appreciate your insights and contributions, and those would have meaning...

I would even say the entware/optware folks - the doors are open...

It's a great community - I've been active over there for a better part of 5 years now, mostly behind the scenes, but folks with your knowledge of the SoC's have true value.

Remember KONG from DD_WRT?

Yes, he's now over on OpenWRT contributing to the QCA80xx targets.

With OpenWRT - you have a dedicated forum, build-platform, and everything else one needs...

I'm a bit puzzled here on what is the intent of this thread?
Here it's just my probably naive desire to make the world a better place. As I believe is the right thing to do. If a person helps someone, it is quite normal for the person helped to say thank you. That's all.

So, for example, @kamoj sees no point in continuing to work on his project if there is no feedback and the usual 'thanks'. And I understand him.

We have to make the world a better place.

we've known each other since your early R7800 days - we've had good chats over the years, and I've always appreciated your work.
And I am grateful for our fellowship and your tremendous help. Thanks a lot ;)

Voxel.

Hi its very sad it has come to this.

I have two R9000 which i am reluctant to change they perfom with whatever is thrown at them. Which considering their age is down to two reasons.
Voxel and Kamoj.
My number 1 R9000 has been running since 2019 24/7 with no issues then it crashed. So now on my number two!!!

I must admit i havent been active like i was in the earlie days, but really enjoyed bug finding with my limited knowledge of firmwares and addons. I recall all my isses with the VPN oh dear lol
I have come back to rebuild my down R9000 to discover all this, since i was 14 (now 44) like realife a thankyou goes along way and i guess people are just take take nowdays.

Maybe some folk dont miss it until its gone!!

I tried installing Entware but i am affaid thats well above my head even with Voxels instructions.

Did anyone else notice that this thread is over 3.5 years old when it was dredged up yesterday?

Did anyone else notice that this thread is over 3.5 years old when it was dredged up yesterday?

Well - it's complicated because of the current geo-political situation - there are a lot of FOSS devs/contributors that are isolated on the other side of the wall, and with recent events, that wall has become even higher...

I'm ok with bringing this forward and calling it as it is - the devs are not part of the problem, the politicians are...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!