What's new

Traffic Monitoring Log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wbennett77

Regular Contributor
Howdy,

I just recently changed my settings to save the Traffic Monitoring log file on my USB drive connected to the router. The file is saving but I am not sure which program I need to use to open the file after extracting it. Do I need to rename the file? MY OS is Linux Mint 13.

Cheers!

Howdy,

I just recently changed my settings to save the Traffic Monitoring log file on my USB drive connected to the router. The file is saving but I am not sure which program I need to use to open the file after extracting it. Do I need to rename the file? MY OS is Linux Mint 13.

Cheers!

The data is not accessible outside of the router's Traffic Monitor page. Data is stored in a custom binary format.

So this won't work as a custom location

Attachments

• Traffic History.jpg
    Traffic History.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 552
So this won't work as a custom location

It will but you cant read that file with any editor, only the Traffic Manager can read that data. Being able to choose a different location to store the log file is probably just a space saving technique. No reason to take up precious router space when you got a giant hard drive connected to the usb port.

Last edited:
After reading the two repsonses I think I've got it! I can save the info anywhere I want to but I can only read the info from within the router gui.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!