What's new

WAVLINK Intel be200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

supershaun

Occasional Visitor
hello all

I purchased this wifi 7 adaptor for my AMD setup. It does work but problem is 2.4,5 & 6GHZ are all limited to 20MHZ in the settings . Would there be anything that I have done wrong or am I best just sending back.

I can connect to the 2.4ghz & 5ghz band but the 6ghz one connects but says no internet.

I’m trying to connect to ASUS GT-BE98 router

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
I’ve just looked and it’s out of stock. Also it’s a bit pricer than what I want to pay. Do you know any UK Sellers who may have any different ones.

I assume drivers are already in Windows Update?
DL from the either GB/MSI website to get it going then, maybe WU might have the update now. I blocked and disabled WU tone prevent it from messing up other stuff and just use patch Tuesday bulk single update instead.

Are you using Windows 11? If not, you won't be able to get it fully functional.
There's no WiFi 7 support in Windows 10.
Hi

Yes I’m on windows 11 and it’s connected straight to the 5ghz one and get 700-800meg down and 1400meg up. But as soons as connect to 6ghz one it’s still limited and only shows 20MHZ in the advanced settings. I am off work tomorrow so gunna have another look.

Hi

Yes I’m on windows 11 and it’s connected straight to the 5ghz one and get 700-800meg down and 1400meg up. But as soons as connect to 6ghz one it’s still limited and only shows 20MHZ in the advanced settings. I am off work tomorrow so gunna have another look.
And you've installed the 24H2 update?
As well as installed the latest drivers from Intel?

And you've installed the 24H2 update?
As well as installed the latest drivers from Intel?
Hi

So I have checked and now the 24H2 build is installed and the Intel be200 is working but I’m only seeing 800meg down where as upload is capping out at 2.3gbps.

I have not changed any settings in device and it’s showing at connect at 4.8gbps in the settings

Hi

So I have checked and now the 24H2 build is installed and the Intel be200 is working but I’m only seeing 800meg down where as upload is capping out at 2.3gbps.

I have not changed any settings in device and it’s showing at connect at 4.8gbps in the settings
How are you testing?
Hopefully you have a second computer, if so, install iperf3 on both of them for testing.

24H2 build is installed and the Intel be200
How about just ruling out the OS / driver the simple way with a USB Linux boot? Quick and easy. Chasing down W's bugs or Intel limitations is a PITA and waste of time before ruling out a HW issue or driver issue.

Otherwise since it's not an Intel CPU there might still be a conflict aka my original suggestion with the QCA adapter instead. Pay a little more and get your time back and speeds you desire.

Beware of issues using IPERF 3 on windows. MS has documented issues and work around. i believe the binaries at the .fr site are only version 3. Version 2 is reputed to be ok. There was a recent thread on this site about the issue.

LOL - I'm just happy that I've got working AX210 drivers working on both Win11 and Linux these days, and that took a fair amount of time...

The test cards I have for WiFi7 are a hot mess - I'm thinking it's interop between vendors along with code maturity on the client devices...

Beware of issues using IPERF 3 on windows. MS has documented issues and work around. i believe the binaries at the .fr site are only version 3. Version 2 is reputed to be ok. There was a recent thread on this site about the issue.
Sorry, what? It works just fine on Windows.
Much of it is Microsoft propaganda in favour of ntttcp.
Also, it comes down to what you use it for.
As a simple throughput test, it works as intended.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm having this same issue specifically with MLO. RT-BE88U, BE200 card in laptop, win 11 24h2, latest intel wifi drivers. DL capped around 600mbps, UL around 1600mbps. When I disable MLO I get 1900 up/down.