What's new

WiFi 6 disabled?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alessio89g

New Around Here
Hi,
I've got an RT-BE88U router with the latest official firmware, and I think Wi-Fi 6/6E is somehow disabled.
My laptop has a WiFi 6 adapter but it always connects in WiFi 5 mode.
In the WiFi Professional tab, the OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO is greyed out with this message:
*Need to enable 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode;
If I click on this message (it's a link), it redirects me to the General tab, but here I can't see any related option.
What do I need to change?

Wifi 6 is enabled by default. You will have to undo whatever you changed to re-enable it - we don't know what you changed to the default settings.

These are my WiFi settings; If you need something else, please, ask. I tried many combinations, and I don't remember the default settings...
Schermata_20241009_211533.png

Schermata_20241009_211549.png

Schermata_20241009_211612.png

Wi-Fi 6 mode is on by default for 5Ghz. But for the 2.4Ghz band, you have to enable it in the Wi-Fi settings (the basic ones). See image below the last setting (This image is from ASUS RT-AX86U router.)
1729306242418.png

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online