What's new

Wifi ax 2.4G real life speed vs Wifi n 2.4G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have tested it many times. For sure you cannot set higher than regulation but can set lower.

You misunderstood the meaning. Asuswrt-Merlin has exactly the same Wi-Fi settings as stock Asuswrt. Nothing more. It doesn't matter what firmware you run, the results will be the same.

Very close to realistic expectations results.

Going in to 2.4GHz...

11n is really the right place, as this is what most clients will negotiate anyways...

Depending on your Router/AP - disabling 802.11b/Legacy has the most impact, as this improves all the management frames from 802.11b (1Mbs) to 11g/n (6Mps) - seriously, this is a big impact, as this also removes the ERP protection rules, along with 11n greenfield options.

As an openwrt focused dev - playing with VHT (11ac) in 2.4 doesn't add anything, again as most clients will negotiate 11n for the association..

For WiFi6 - HE alone does offer a bit, but 2.4 is really more focused on IoT application for power saving and capacity improvements...

Here's my current config over the air for 2.4 on a WiFi6 AP... got some mixed mode action on WPA2/3 - and proper support for 11g/n/ax

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 6.13.20 PM.png

This is new to me. Following your post I removed all legacy support for both 2.4G and 5G. Thank you!

Going in to 2.4GHz...

11n is really the right place, as this is what most clients will negotiate anyways...

Depending on your Router/AP - disabling 802.11b/Legacy has the most impact, as this improves all the management frames from 802.11b (1Mbs) to 11g/n (6Mps) - seriously, this is a big impact, as this also removes the ERP protection rules, along with 11n greenfield options.

As an openwrt focused dev - playing with VHT (11ac) in 2.4 doesn't add anything, again as most clients will negotiate 11n for the association..

For WiFi6 - HE alone does offer a bit, but 2.4 is really more focused on IoT application for power saving and capacity improvements...

Here's my current config over the air for 2.4 on a WiFi6 AP... got some mixed mode action on WPA2/3 - and proper support for 11g/n/ax

View attachment 61357

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!