What's new

Win 7 dns issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ixlatl

New Around Here
I have an HP dv6 laptop with Win 7 home Prem 64. I am using a Cradlepoint MBR1000 to share a Sprint EVDO internet connection with another Win 7 laptop, a PS3 and a home-made XP Home desktop.
My dv6 is haveing issuses with dns through the MBR1000. The other Win 7 laptop also has the same issue but much less frequently. The problem occurs whether I connect via wifi or wire. I have both cards set to get their IP via DHCP and their DNS server automatically. It seems to work ok when I first connect to the network, but after a random amount of time it becomes unable to resolve FQDNs.
I've verified that it's a DNS issue by pinging Google's IP address successfully but unless I disconnect from my LAN(wifi or wired) and reconnect, Win 7 seems to just not have a DNS route. After I disconnect/reconnect it works fine for a while but invariably it fails again.
I did set my router's(MBR1000) address as the static DNS server address in my dv6 and that seems to have bypassed the problem but I just want the automatic configuration to work. Besides, I don't seem to have this problem when connecting to other wifi nets.
I have already updated the drivers for my network card and upgraded my router's firmware to the latest and greatest but the problem persists.
Suggestions would be appreciated but I am more interested in whether anyone else has had similar problems with Win 7.