What's new

Wireless AC Router Testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

roldogg

Regular Contributor
Has anyone read this latest test from a website I ran across? This test was very surprising to me, but I'd like to find other people's opinions who are more knowledgeable about this than I am. Does this testing seem accurate? I don't really see anything that would bias this test unless different types of client AC adapters are used, which may change these numbers some for each router. I was surprised to see the poor performance of the Asus router when multiple clients and interference are included in the testing. Does anyone have any opinions about this?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/802.11ac-wifi-router-testing,4107.html

I could be wrong (may have missed some info), but those test scenarios are pretty useless.

Don't know what clients and driver versions were used. Don't know the firmware used on the routers or how they were setup. And more importantly, they are using a first wave AC router from 2012 for the Asus.

It would have been better to use real data to load the radios with. Rather than the synthetic xchariot runs that mean nothing in actual wireless situations.

Waste of time reading that, imo.

Btw, not your fault, I had found it earlier today on my own. ;)

I could be wrong (may have missed some info), but those test scenarios are pretty useless.

Don't know what clients and driver versions were used. Don't know the firmware used on the routers or how they were setup. And more importantly, they are using a first wave AC router from 2012 for the Asus.

It would have been better to use real data to load the radios with. Rather than the synthetic xchariot runs that mean nothing in actual wireless situations.

Waste of time reading that, imo.

Btw, not your fault, I had found it earlier today on my own. ;)

Well, thanks for replying. You made some good points, and it seems like there were too many uncontrolled variables that may have resulted in completel different results.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!