What's new

Wireless bridge b/w AC66U & N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LaFemme69

Regular Contributor
Wireless bridge b/w AC66U & N66U - somewhat SOLVED

Wondering if anyone can please shed some lights on this issue. Tried to chat with ASUS support tech on several occasions but not getting anywhere.

I tried to follow the steps from http://www.asus.com/support/knowledge/11/2/RTN66U_(VERB1)/1862EC3A-F59E-6A44-9182-C513B58F5B89/ to set up a wireless bridge b/w an AC66U (main router in the office upstairs, connecting to the internet) and an N66U (downstairs in the living room, wanting to wireless bridge with AC66U) but did not work.

thank you.

Katie D.

.......for anyone interested, I updated my N66U with the latest ASUS stock FW which included 'Repeater Mode', connecting to the AC66U wi-fi. the AC66U setup is the same as if it were setup for Wireless Router Mode. The thing I haven't figured out is I can only connect to AC66U 2.4GHz band, not the 5GHz band especially I want to use the bridge mode for streaming 1080p content. supposedly the AC 5GHz band is best for that purpose.

another thing, FYI, it did somewhat improve the 1080p streaming even it's only 2.4GHz. Quickly view a movie that was a bit choppy before the setup, the scenes that used to be choppy are flawless with the new setup. Still have to test more to be definitive if the new setup really helps or not.

kd

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!