What's new

Wireless Bridge Bandwidth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lbwmoo

New Around Here
Hello, I apologize if this has been answered, but my google foo has not turned up this question before. Here is my setup, I have a DIR-825 router, and a DAP-1522 media bridge. To the router I have hardwired an XBOX360 and bluray player. Wifi direct to the 825 router is another bluray player and several other smaller devices (phones, ipods, etc). My main desktop computer is connected hardwire to the 1522 bridge, which then connects over wifi to the router. The bridge has 4 ports on it for other devices.

Now, the crux of my question. My desktop is acting as a server for my media to stream thru the bluray players. The bluray hardwired to the 825 router is fine, having only really a single jump over wifi and hardwire the rest of the way. The second bluray player has jutter occasionally, my guess is due to the two wifi jumps, bridge to router, router to player. I am thinking about running a hardline from the second player, but unfortunately, in this apartment the only convenient (wife friendly) solution is to the bridge, not the router. I would like to know, if the bluray and the desktop are both hardwire to the same wifi bridge, will the data that is beng sent go from the desktop to the bridge, bridge to router, router to bridge, bridge to bluray? Or will the data go straight from desktop to bridge to bluray, thus giving me considerably better bandwidth?

No, it will go directly to the Bluray through the bridge's switch, no router involvement.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!