What's new

Wireless card to pair with N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

huwwatkins

Occasional Visitor
I currently have an 5ghz intel 5300 mini pcie card in my laptop and have always had problems with throughput. My link speed varies around 180Mbps - 240Mbps and never hits 450 and throughput is equally bad (6MB/s).

Can anyone recommend a better card to go with this?

Last edited:
What is the firmware version of your router?

Versions 3.0.0.4.374.720 and 3.0.0.4.374.979 (the latest) do solve 5 GHz issues for many users, but may introduce issues with 2.4 GHz..
Older 3.0.0.4.3xx versions are known to have issues with 5 GHz in combination with certain apapters.
Version 3.0.0.4.276 is known to be most stable for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

Last edited:
Those numbers are only theoretical speeds. Marketing numbers to sell the router to you. Your actual mileage does vary alot. As long as your wireless speeds are enough to match your Internet connection speed I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Those numbers are only theoretical speeds. Marketing numbers to sell the router to you. Your actual mileage does vary alot. As long as your wireless speeds are enough to match your Internet connection speed I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks - I am aware of this. However you would think that right next to the router the link speed would hit the maximum. My transfer speeds are to a nas box connected by Ethernet to the router so the higher the better when transferring files to and from it.

I've just upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.34_2-sdk5 and am now getting ~10MB/s. Is this the best I can expect? I am about 7ft from the router.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online