What's new

Wireless Range Trouble

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chuckado

Occasional Visitor
I currently have a Netgear WNDR3300 hooked up. It is mixed mode sending both g and n signals. My situation is that i have a room located around 200 feet away from the router. Within this approximate stretch of space, there are a few walls and some woods with trees. I get a 20 percent signal sometimes with my laptop. I can not raid in WoW and most games are very laggy unless i am in a very specific spot in the room. I have a desktop hooked up to an xbox 360 through an Ethernet bridge. The desktop has a wireless adapter and i drop out of games about halfway through on the xbox. I was wondering if there was some way to increase the range of the router. I also have a old netgear WGR 614v7 that i am not using. The only wireless N device on my network is my laptop. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping for a relatively cheap solution and i am pretty experienced in networking. Thank you.

Wow, 200ft is very far too me. Try this: set the WNDR3300 as main router running in N mode only and WGR614 as G AP.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online