What's new

Wireless Repeating

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

donald duck

New Around Here
Hi, i am trying to wireless repeat the wifi signal of my cisco epc3925 wifi modem. The router i am using as extender is a netgear wndr3700. i dont have much knowledge about these thing and am losing so much time by trying to get it working. everytime i apply the settings in the netgear i lose access to it (even wired) and have to hard reset it...

attached are some screen shots of both devices from last settings i tried.

Maybe one of you intelligent people know how i can solve this??

Regards, Donald

Attachments

• Cisco EPC3925 (2).jpg
    Cisco EPC3925 (2).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Cisco EPC3925.PNG
    Cisco EPC3925.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 295
  • Netgear WNDR3700 (2).jpg
    Netgear WNDR3700 (2).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 552
  • Netgear WNDR3700.jpg
    Netgear WNDR3700.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 488
Hi, i am trying to wireless repeat the wifi signal of my cisco epc3925 wifi modem. The router i am using as extender is a netgear wndr3700. i dont have much knowledge about these thing and am losing so much time by trying to get it working. everytime i apply the settings in the netgear i lose access to it (even wired) and have to hard reset it...

attached are some screen shots of both devices from last settings i tried.

Maybe one of you intelligent people know how i can solve this??

Regards, Donald

My first guess is that the Wireless Repeater IP address should not be the 192.168.178.250 but rather a subnet off of your gateway router? Maybe 192.168.1.250 if the LAN IP of your gateway router is 192.168.1.1?

Keep in mind that repeating your wireless will halve your available bandwidth. For example, if I repeat my wireless signal my 100Mbps symmetrical bandwidth via fiber will fall to only @50Mbps when being repeated wirelessly.

My first guess is that the Wireless Repeater IP address should not be the 192.168.178.250 but rather a subnet off of your gateway router? Maybe 192.168.1.250 if the LAN IP of your gateway router is 192.168.1.1?

Keep in mind that repeating your wireless will halve your available bandwidth. For example, if I repeat my wireless signal my 100Mbps symmetrical bandwidth via fiber will fall to only @50Mbps when being repeated wirelessly.

My gatewar router is 192.168.178.1 as you can see on the image from the cisco.

at the lan setup screen at the cisco i put 192.168.178.45 so its in the range from the cisco. after that it is totally working but just for max 1 minute. after 1 minute my pc cant find the router anymore, but it sees another network which is called ''other network'' which i am unable to connect to.
when i reboot the router it happens again i can just connect to it for 1 minute then signal disapears...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!